Why we specialize in root canal treatment?
We have the most advanced equipment for root canal treatment like rotary devices and laser.
How do I know I need a root canal?
Sensitivity of the tooth and continuous pain after eating hot or cold or after chewing or biting
Feeling pain while lying down, or getting up suddenly
Referred pain in surrounding teeth, jaw or ear
A pus filled sac appearing on the gum
Swelling around the damaged tooth
Exposure of the tooth nerve
Root Canal Treatment at Nagem Dental Center
- First of all the dentist will examine your teeth and take an X-Ray of the infected tooth. This way the problem will be diagnosed, and if the tooth needs a root canal treatment, he will give you a date for the treatment
- On the day of your treatment, the dentist will give you a local anaesthesia so that during the procedure you do not feel any pain
- Then the space around the tooth will be cleaned and then isolated with the help of a rubber dam. The rubber dam prevents the patient from swallowing any saliva or medicaments
- Next, the sterilized instruments will be used to drill down the affected tooth and remove the infected pulp from it
- Lastly, the tooth canal is cleaned and filled with a special compound. It is tightly sealed at the top so that bacteria do not enter through any opening
After the treatment, a crown maybe used to restore the natural look and feel of your tooth. Usually the back teeth need a crown because it has to do the most of the chewing which puts it under a lot of pressure. If enough of the tooth is not left, posts maybe used to help support the crown.
A root canal treatment may take one or two appointments. If your problem is not solved after the first appointment, feel free to contact Nagem Dental Center at any time.